ONE MONTH AGO!!!!!
|this is what it looked like a couple of days ago and, as I've said before...|
follow me on Instagram and you'd see this shit when it's hot off the press.
and said, "I think you'll like this, mom."
I was all, "Ugh. This is so fucking trendy. No way."
Then he and my husband started watching the back-episodes on some online website and they were constantly talking about it. I felt so left out :(
However, I didn't want to intrude upon their father-son bonding over murder, bared breasts, wanton sex, despicable human behaviors, etc. by plopping myself down on the couch with them (which would have been really disruptive with the walker and 4 ice bags and my glass of tea and fourteen pillows and fuzzy blanket...) though it was mighty tempting. So instead I cracked the book.
12 days and 3000 pages later...
So yeah...what day is it? All I know is that I'm in the middle of Book 4 and I have to hide my phone so I don't text my son at school all day to exclaim and expound on what in the FUCK is going on. And I can't talk to my husband about it because I'm waaaayyyyyy ahead of him...and, well, he has to work.
I figure I'll be done with the existing books by the end of next week (my son has warned me that Book 4 is kind of slow and annoying and I'm easily influenced) and then I can start on the shows. I hope to finish it ALL before I'm capable of returning to life as a normal person with a fully functioning hip that doesn't hurt all the time. Because once that happens, I'll have
which will be such a total drag in some ways but totally super awesome in others.
Catching you up to speed on rehab:
- I can now put on my own shoes and socks and TIE THEM!!!! That happened yesterday. I laced up my #hokas for my 30-minute walk around the neighborhood. You can see #proof on IG.
- I have been cleared to drive!!!! Only short distances and not in rush hour traffic yet. That also happened yesterday. #InstagrammedIt
- I have no pain and take no pain meds. I guess I should clarify... when I overdo it (walk around the neighborhood for 30-minutes twice in the same day or drive to Target and Trader Joe's in the same afternoon and walk around those places for a couple of hours because that's how long it takes me to do it after 4 weeks of shopping-deprivation or water the garden and do laundry which involves going up and down a bunch of stairs several times) it gets sore and achy. Sore because certain muscles are activating for the first time since 2000 and achy because of the metal rod that goes several inches down into my femur.
- I walk around the house mostly without any assistive device, but when I start limping or getting tired I need my cane. The walker has been officially retired :)
- I shaved my legs. This was very tricky and had I had a different hip replacement approach, I still wouldn't be able to do it. #solucky and if you don't believe me, you should check ^^^^ (see above)
- I now have 15 exercises that I do 3+ times a day, in addition to going for my walks and walking up and down the stairs. I've been cleared for the recumbent bike with little or no resistance. THAT will be exciting.
But not as exciting as my book. So if you'll excuse me...
I contemplated filling a post with Game of Thrones spoilers just because I can. But I didn't. #merciful